UFP - Starfleet --- Project Asgard

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I'll make this all better later but just wanted to start this now since work is long.

Going to try to update every day or so, in the beginning I'll just have days and photos and fill in info and such as I go.

PROJECT ASGARD
    ------------------------

-----
    Day 1
    -----

"Assembling the massive saucer(s)"

-----
    Day 2
    -----

-----
    Day 3
    -----
    (Might as well keep up to date on mass and such)
    (Mass: 953,160.625 (Blocks: 6,831,835)) - Yeah this ain't going on GenX lol.-
    -Smoothing/Wedging Begins-

-----
    Day 4
    -----
    Stats- Mass: 1,058,261.625 (Blocks: 7,253,010)
    Length: 2455m, Height:529m, Width: 1087m

-----
    Day 5
    -----
    Redesigned and Enlarged UFP Logo

---------------
    Ideas and Plans
    ---------------

-Viewing deck allowing for meetings and viewing of construction/docking.
    -Public Docks and Shuttle areas.
    -Public shipyard to allow for trade in return for ship.
    -Tons of RP.
    -Possible permanently installed ship that is "under construction" with exposed parts and sections.
    -I might add a warp gate too.
    -If I make this some sort of hub I'll install a few public decks for storage/parking/trade
    -Also with public a mini Caketown that allows for custom shops.

Last edited:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It looks cool, but let's be honest here, not only on Genx, but that is probably not going anywhere at all. I suppose this going to be a faction space station, right? Only a few handiful of members that do have a monster PC will be able to handle that.

Reminds me of CBS's Cake Town Community project. If I'm not mistaken it did not even break the 2mil block barrier, and there is a lot of people who can't even hangout there due to low FPS. Luckly, I do get 20, but if it expands even more it will get worse.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Looking good! How are you planning to do the Space Doors if they're at 45 degrees?

Reminds me of CBS's Cake Town Community project. If I'm not mistaken it did not even break the 2mil block barrier, and there is a lot of people who can't even hangout there due to low FPS. Luckly, I do get 20, but if it expands even more it will get worse.
    Cake town is odd... people typically get much better FPS with anything else, but cake town kills PCs for some reason.

Reaction score
    Oh lord this is like the most massive build ever :eek: Impressive if you will complete it with details and interiors :D

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking good! How are you planning to do the Space Doors if they're at 45 degrees?

Cake town is odd... people typically get much better FPS with anything else, but cake town kills PCs for some reason.
    Not 100% sure atm, lol Seemed like a good idea compared to the docks and shipyards being at 45.

Oh lord this is like the most massive build ever :eek: Impressive if you will complete it with details and interiors :D
    That it will, that it will.

Also added the "Idea/Plans" section

"-Viewing deck allowing for meetings and viewing of construction/docking.
    -Tons of RP.
    -Possible permanently installed ship that is "under construction" with exposed parts and sections.
    -If I make this some sort of hub I'll install a few public decks for storage/parking/trade
    -Also with public a mini Caketown that allows for custom shops."

More to come, photos, descriptions, so on.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Not 100% sure atm, lol Seemed like a good idea compared to the docks and shipyards being at 45.

That it will, that it will.

Also added the "Idea/Plans" section

"-Viewing deck allowing for meetings and viewing of construction/docking.
    -Tons of RP.
    -Also with public a mini Caketown that allows for custom shops."

More to come, photos, descriptions, so on.
    M8 this sounds like very awesome! I hope it will turn out as you vision it, and within this year ^^ (I know as I have a city project going on, one year already passed...)

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    M8 this sounds like very awesome! I hope it will turn out as you vision it, and within this year ^^ (I know as I have a city project going on, one year already passed...)
    Well as we speak I'm trying to install the docking arms, already down two designs.

Of course I have no worries getting... most of this done this year. Big stuff is easier than smaller stuff, small mistakes easier to let go, areas that can be hidden until later... so on and so on.

It also helps that for the most part I have a lot of time on my hands right now. Long story, not lazy.

-------
    New Section to posts: Stuff He's Inserted To the Post aka S.H.I.T. Post.
    -------
    Realized I've forgotten to keep track of size and such.

ATM, Mass: 1,058,261.625 (Blocks: 7,253,010)
    Length: 2455m, Height:529m, Width: 1087m

also added a photo of docking arms

Reaction score
    You missed a fabulous opportunity to make a Mjolnir shaped structure. ;)

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    You missed a fabulous opportunity to make a Mjolnir shaped structure. ;)
    Who said I won't...

Just kidding... or am I?

Gotta come up with an emblem for Asgard. Other than a Valknut since that and a ton of other emblems are now used for other stuff... mostly bad, so I need to avoid those.

Might just give each station one going with it's name instead of the project name.

Like Mjolnir Station can have -

Reaction score
    Who said I won't...

Just kidding... or am I?

Gotta come up with an emblem for Asgard. Other than a Valknut since that and a ton of other emblems are now used for other stuff... mostly bad, so I need to avoid those.

Might just give each station one going with it's name instead of the project name.

Like Mjolnir Station can have -
    Oh SNAP! Rocking the Axe of Perun there! XD Nice!

You could always go with a bindrune of some kind. The angular shapes work well for voxel blocks. You can see the green company logo on one of my old builds for example.

As far as the Valknut, I think you'd be pretty safe. The symbols you have to look out for are usually the winged Othala rune, the sun wheel, and the Irminsul. The Neo-Nazis have really sunk their hooks into those, sadly. The Valknut's still relatively safe though, should you want to go that direction. :)

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Quick update of the Arms, quick break, then back to work.

Reactions: Stormraven

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    UFP Logo on Starbase.

It looks small but it will have the Registry under it when finished, and it'll look better when I smooth it with the rest of the saucer.

But I might need to make it slightly larger, but for now it'll do.

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A Test of What it'll look like, since it'll take me a bit to transfer it to the hull.

Yes it's a bit high, but that's so I can still have room for the Registry.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Out of curiosity, what are you planning to fit in the hangar? Those doors aren't really big enough for much past a Danube

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Out of curiosity, what are you planning to fit in the hangar? Those doors aren't really big enough for much past a Danube
    Yeah you hit it on the head. Maybe some day I'm add a larger hanger or make a bigger station. But for now I'm just going for something that doesn't murder the game.

Spartan4845

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There may or may not be any updates till next week. I broke a tooth and can't see my dentist till Monday. So till then I don't know when or if I'll feel like doing much.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    There may or may not be any updates till next week. I broke a tooth and can't see my dentist till Monday. So till then I don't know when or if I'll feel like doing much.
    Found something solid in your chimichangas? And it hasn't regenerated back yet?