"U" boat (WIP) - Suggestions

Reaction score
    Hey folks!

After a few days of trial and error, I have roughed out my next build. I have plenty of space inside for more systems, asthetics etc, but wanted to post the stats to get an idea what I might want to work on. starmade-screenshot-0032.png This is a shot of the general shape, as well as the stats. The front of the ship is on the right by the way.

starmade-screenshot-0034.png
    Here is a shot of the bridge, which will overhang the center of the U.

starmade-screenshot-0035.png
    Shot of the engine room, which does have a spinning "warp core"

I tried to push myself with the use of a more rolling shape this go around. As far as weapons go, my oiginal idea was to have four AI turrets on side (two above and two below) as well as two larger turrets (one mounted above and one below) on the back. I am concerned that I will be severely lacking in firepower with a turret setup, unless there are tricks I dont know about to add some power. Also while on the subject of turrets, is there a way to force turrets to a "resting" position when there are no targets near? As much as I love AI turrets, they can make a ship look wonky after they have been used lol.

I am up for any and all suggestions for this build, so speak up! =)

Thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435262452,1435262365][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to mention, the color scheme is not final and may change after the shell is finalized. I used the yellow as a highly visable outline tool when starting the build.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice ship.
    Also while on the subject of turrets, is there a way to force turrets to a "resting" position when there are no targets near? As much as I love AI turrets, they can make a ship look wonky after they have been used lol.
    Yes - go into the structure menu (default key is delete) and look under rail system - there is a button there. No way to do it automatically, but it will let you reset them when you need to.

Reactions: rcsteiner9