Two questions on build mechanics

Reaction score
    1) Is there any way (including with mods) to move the core of a ship? That would be soooooooo helpful.
    If not, devs please take note.

2) Can you set the multi-block selection thing to go bigger than 10x10x10? I think I saw a YouTuber doing this, but I can't remember what video.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Core cannot be moved, and currently there are no mods to fix it. It's on the to-do list somewhere.

The advanced build mode max area is somewhere in the config.

If you absolutely must move the core, set the build area large enough to encompass your whole ship, copy it, then paste it on a new core in the desired location.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The advance build mode max build area is in the server config file. (Should be called server.cfg) You can use notepad or textedit or something to edit it. Simply search for PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA (or anything in that really) and modify it so that it says something from about 100-500. This all being said, keep the limitations of your computer in mind, copy/pasting 1km, 1km, 1km super complex logic machines is murderous.

Reaction score
    I use 100/100/100 and it's not a super idea. It's extremely laggy to paste a solid cube with just one mirror set. That said, my computer's not super, but you don't want to paste huge areas more than you have to.

Reaction score
    Max build area can also be altered in server settings in the new game menu's