Two much needed hull/armour shapes

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I'd like to suggest that two new shapes be added for hull/armour blocks. The first is to a corner what a hepta is to a tetra. The second is like a tetra but twisted around. These pics show the shapes the blocks should be with the grey hull, and the red hull shows exactly why these two blocks would be useful. The yellow hull is just there so the shape of the block is easier to make out. We can use heptas in the first example and alternating corners for the second example but neither provides the sharp clean edges we could get if these new shapes were added.
    starmade-screenshot-0008.png
    starmade-screenshot-0007.png
    [doublepost=1471134608,1471134422][/doublepost]The second block would need a left handed and right handed variety to work in all situations. I'd honestly be happy if we could just get the anti-corner block. The spike was more of an afterthought.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    3. We also need a pyramid-block to cover the tips of odd symmetry pyramids. We could texture an eye on it (illuminati).
    4. And we need a wedge where the hypotenuse is cut in half. Like a pyramid but only on the 2-dimensional cross-section.

But the one thing we really need is more imagination :)
    starmade-screenshot-0012.png

You can't go through that corridor, even if it looks like a 2m wide space.
    The lights are blocking.
    Yes, you can use these lights upside down as a floor which looks like you fall inbetween without a careful balance act.

Reactions: HolyCookie
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd like to suggest that two new shapes be added for hull/armour blocks. The first is to a corner what a hepta is to a tetra. The second is like a tetra but twisted around. These pics show the shapes the blocks should be with the grey hull, and the red hull shows exactly why these two blocks would be useful. The yellow hull is just there so the shape of the block is easier to make out. We can use heptas in the first example and alternating corners for the second example but neither provides the sharp clean edges we could get if these new shapes were added.
    If you use a Penta on the red blocks in the first picture you get a perfect sharp line. If you use a Corner on the second picture you get the same. Rotate blocks with CTRL-Mousewheel. Set mirror lines to make piramides in one go while building only one side.

3. We also need a pyramid-block to cover the tips of odd symmetry pyramids. We could texture an eye on it (illuminati).
    4. And we need a wedge where the hypotenuse is cut in half. Like a pyramid but only on the 2-dimensional cross-section.
    This would be usefull. All though it's yet another block and there are so many allready.

Part of this problem is that every hull piece color is a different block. In four grades to. I rather have one set of base blocks and then apply paint to it. That would seriously reduce the block list. And recoloring of ships would be a breeze just add different paint.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Part of this problem is that every hull piece color is a different block. In four grades to. I rather have one set of base blocks and then apply paint to it. That would seriously reduce the block list. And recoloring of ships would be a breeze just add different paint.
    Suggested. Not added :(

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

But the one thing we really need is more imagination :)
    View attachment 30720

You can't go through that corridor, even if it looks like a 2m wide space.
    The lights are blocking.
    Yes, you can use these lights upside down as a floor which looks like you fall inbetween without a careful balance act.
    This is fixed now.

Reaction score
    If you use a Penta on the red blocks in the first picture you get a perfect sharp line. If you use a Corner on the second picture you get the same. Rotate blocks with CTRL-Mousewheel. Set mirror lines to make piramides in one go while building only one side.
    Doing that still ends up with leaving a spot where the tetra would fit showing, thus not a perfect corner. This has been a major issue with several builds I have come up with as making a inverse pyramid for one corner does not always come out as intended.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    If you use a Penta on the red blocks in the first picture you get a perfect sharp line. If you use a Corner on the second picture you get the same.
    I mentioned in my post that these are currently the options we have to use in these situations but neither one is perfect. Using heptas in the first example gives a jagged edge not a sharp one. Using alternating corners in the second example gives a clean edge but it's not sharp. You end up basically shaving the edge off the shape when you use corners.