Twitch TV in-game

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    So I have no idea if/how this could be done, but I remember a long time ago seeing a mod for Minecraft which allowed people to project twitch streams onto screens in-game. My main idea is that this could be used in minecraft on a scale of either one display module, for a personal TV in a ship. Or a huge screen at a big event, like a race or organized combat, to give viewers a better close-up of the action.

I spoke with schema about if camera's could be linked to display module's some day, but it sounds like trying to do that would be very taxing on the game. So I'm wondering if a concept like this is feasible, or if it would run into similar issues.

It certainly wouldn't be necessary, as many people just watch twitch on a second monitor, I do however think it would be a great way to increase player immersion in the game. Let me know what you think.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    So I have no idea if/how this could be done, but I remember a long time ago seeing a mod for Minecraft which allowed people to project twitch streams onto screens in-game. My main idea is that this could be used in minecraft on a scale of either one display module, for a personal TV in a ship. Or a huge screen at a big event, like a race or organized combat, to give viewers a better close-up of the action.

I spoke with schema about if camera's could be linked to display module's some day, but it sounds like trying to do that would be very taxing on the game. So I'm wondering if a concept like this is feasible, or if it would run into similar issues.

It certainly wouldn't be necessary, as many people just watch twitch on a second monitor, I do however think it would be a great way to increase player immersion in the game. Let me know what you think.
    wow,if we get that in the future,i will never exit the game lol hahahaha

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    wow,if we get that in the future,i will never exit the game lol hahahaha
    And all throughout the 'verse people will gather at space bars, space lounges, and space theaters to watch their favorite space "sports" and bet on their space champions. Space TV. In SPACE! :D

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This would definitely be an amazing feature to see in the game. :D Unfortunately though I don't think it's likely to happen because it would likely be incredibly taxing on most systems and the gain would be very minimal (like you said, most people just use a second monitor for stuff like that).

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This would definitely be an amazing feature to see in the game. :D Unfortunately though I don't think it's likely to happen because it would likely be incredibly taxing on most systems and the gain would be very minimal (like you said, most people just use a second monitor for stuff like that).
    Welcome to the forums!
    *sees moderator status*
    Well, that escalated quickly!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    lol trainee :p

First we have to wait for major optimizations. Like Kupu said Minecraft servers with 10,000 ppl run smooth and our games servers can barely hold 60.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine

I believe the mod is:

Web Displays - montoyo

It'd definitely be awesome.