Turrets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can anyone help me? Ive made a turret using rail system. I can move the turret manully, rotating the base and moving the gun barrel up and down but it just sits there not moving or firing when i attached bobby ai.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can I have a screenshot?
    ^This.
    1. Where did you place the Bobby AI? Only on the base? Only on the barrel? Every single part needs to have one Bobby AI block.
    2. Just in case: Have you turned the AI on? And what do you want it to shoot at?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Do you have rail mass enhancers? They do matter for turrets as well. When controlling them on your own, they move at max speed regardless, but AI controlled are dictated by rail mass.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ^This.
    1. Where did you place the Bobby AI? Only on the base? Only on the barrel? Every single part needs to have one Bobby AI block.
    2. Just in case: Have you turned the AI on? And what do you want it to shoot at?
    thanku for your help! I had put a bobby ai on the gun but not on the base this must be the problem Thanks again!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432583954,1432583872][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do you have rail mass enhancers? They do matter for turrets as well. When controlling them on your own, they move at max speed regardless, but AI controlled are dictated by rail mass.
    Hello! I didnt realise u needed mass enhancers, will add some! thankyou for your help!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can anyone help me? Ive made a turret using rail system. I can move the turret manully, rotating the base and moving the gun barrel up and down but it just sits there not moving or firing when i attached bobby ai.
    Thanks everyone my turret works now. i needed mass enhancers plus extra bobby ai on the turret base.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Bobby AI on every part? I thought it was only the barrel, my turrets have been working with one?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I may be wrong about needing bobby ai on the base. it could be i just needed mass enhancers to make my turret work.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I wonder, if you don't have enough mass enhancers, does it cause self-propelled vehicles to jump back to it's starting point as well?

Reaction score
    I have been having trouble with the new rail turrets as well. I built a large turret with a base and barrel section. Only the barrel has a bobby ai unit. While it does aim by itself it is very slow. I have tried adding mass enhancers to both parts but it doesn't make any difference. I currently have a block of mass enhancers on it the same size as the turret and it still moves at a snails pace. I guess the new rail system still has a lot of bugs. I think I'll try a Bobby Ai unit on the base as well.

Last edited: