Turrets

Cake or cheese?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Suggestion about turrets.

Currently they are rather annoying to control. Either you have them shoot whatever or whatever you are shooting at.

Solution?

Since we are using a slave/master system for weapons why not link turrets similarly? A new block like a fire control tower, link it to turret docking blocks and place the fire control tower on your ships quick bar.

In its simplest form it will make your turrets fire upon your selected target when you activate the tower block. But this set up can allow for more complex functions / directives, for example have a turret take aim waiting for its target to get in range or simply engage others until target enters range.

You could even link this into the upcoming logic system to control station turret set-ups (with liberal use of faction permission blocks.)

Extra suggestions welcome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The poll reminds me of eddie izzard's cake or death question.

This dosnt vary a great deal from the option we allready have to attack the selected target. To be honest I dont think i'd like it, i quite like letting my turrets just blast away at hostiles as soon as they're in range, but i can see that some people would like finer control over their turrets. I guess if we kept the old system as well it wouldnt bother me. But then you have to ask, would it really be used enough to bother with implementing it in the first place?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I second what Cyber's stated, although some sort of prioritization should be implemented, especially when you really want your turrets to attack those fighters while you engage the carrier instead of all guns on that frigate in the distance.

And for the love of happiness please, default turret facings! I'm exhausted going through every turret after a fight to get them to face the right way again.

Reaction score
    I just want a way to have a fluid "attack my target" and a way ti easily disengage the target. As it is now, you cant stop them unless you cycle control through them.

Control do need be be better, but we dont need fancy controls like you are suggesting. The current work well enough, but need refining.