Turrets vs turrets

Reaction score
    At the moment, a turret will not fire at another turret unless it is fired on first.

I have problems with this, which were made clear when I used /Initiate_wave to simulate pirate attacks on my faction base. My fleet of AI spacecraft quickly dispatched the pirate fleets I sent their way... but whilst those pirates were sitting there overheating, their turrets continued to fire at my AI ships. And the AI ships didn't do a damn thing about it.

AIs shouldn't need players to defend them from a single turret with a single gun that drains their shields over the course of several minutes before destroying them.

Another thing was when I attacked a pirate station with a corvette that relied heavily on its turrets. None of those turrets opened fire before I was killed, becaue the station turrets only fired at the corvette itself.

My suggestion would be to have turrets be able to sense when their parent ship is being hit, and respond in the way they would if they were hit.

What's your view?

Reaction score
    Maybe AI will target all docked items too. Then installing \"fodder\" shields will actually be worth it. Imagine the possibilities! +1