Turrets undocked and my ship is 300 sectors away(fleets)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    so i logged off last night docked to my homebase and when i logged on today my ship was 300 sectors away in a direct line and had undocked ALL entities. this has happened to me twice now and im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they solved it if they did. thank you and i hope to not have to re-dock all my turrets over and over again. thank you for reading my rant!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Ghads, has this bug not been fixed yet? It's been a while, but yes, this bug has been experienced before. If I recall correctly, it's because your homebase is too close to a sector border and not near enough the center of the sector. I am not really the best one to tell you how to rectify the situation as I've been away for nearly a year. It will involve moving your homebase at the very least, otherwise the problem will come up again and again.

The easiest way to deal, assuming this is multiplayer is to have an admin who knows a bit about what they are doing, move your homebase and spawn in a new version of your ship with turrets attached. You might be able to do the same yourself assuming you kept up to date blueprints.

Consider this post just a preliminary telling you that your problem can be fixed, and hopefully someone more competent will soon chime in with details.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    oh ok ill have the server admin move my base to the center, thank you for the reply.

Also on a sde note the ship reappeared after i relogged. but none of the entities are attached. before i relogged i was able to transport into the carrier but couldnt interact with it (after i recalled it to my sector that is)
    weird weird glitches. maybe when you make a station it should center you in the sector automatically

Reaction score
    Yeah, you're going through the sector bug glitch, if your station is in one sector, but the docking point you're attaching your ship to is built out far enough to be in a different sector, weird things happen. I ran into this with my very first single player station and it drove me absolutely crazy for a few days until I found out why.

It, obviously, has to do with the way starmade tracks the location of objects after they dock.

You can also get this glitch if you're ship happens to be sitting right on a sector border when you're docking entities to it, although with a ship, moving it yourself becomes much easier :P

You'll need to get an admin to move your base to the center of the sector, and that should fix your problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I had something similar happen to me not exactly the same tho. I was at my homebase when someone warped in, and fairly quicly noticed my undocked miner. he was in a fairly large ship so as he turned toward it I managed to use fleets to send it to 2,2,2 it easily escaped the slow ship however as soon as the ship dissapeared everything docked to it (drones and a rotating drill head) were visible undocked at the edge of the sector. They were non phisical and couldnt seem to be damaged but his swarmers still targeted them somehow. When I recalled the ship later it had everything docked fine.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The command is: /teleport_selected_to 0 0 0
    The admin selects the base, runs the command, and voila. I suggest relogging and letting the sector unload and reload afterward though, because sometimes there is some wonkiness after the move till the sector is reloaded.