Turrets Reset to Default Position When Not in Combat

Reaction score
    There was a change about a year ago that "remembered" your turrets' last positions and kept them there no matter what. Not only was this change a bit pointless, it was/is in fact quite annoying. Turrets pointing in all weird funky angles and blocking interior hallways is a nuisance (yes I'm aware that if your ship is docked and its segments unloaded and loaded again then they reset to normal, this should not be the only way to do it though)

Basically, turrets should assume the direction they were pointing when you first docked them at all times unless there is an enemy in range. After a battle, they would just swivel back to their normal positions until further notice.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    well once it got fixed that turrets upside down point backwards you mean? then i'd agree.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This has been suggested a ton of times. Schema is re-doing the docking system, maybe he'll add it in this time if we're lucky.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    BIG, GREEN, BOLD, ITALICIZED, UNDERLINED "YES."
    This must be included in the turret and docking revamp. I'll be a bit miffed if it's not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This OR a position reset logic button

So we can deploy our turrets an then get them back in.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This OR a position reset logic button

So we can deploy our turrets an then get them back in.
    Turrets already reset when out of combat. However, I think that the base is bugged, so only the horizontal segment will reset.

And logic interaction with AI has been brought to the devs attention, and it's being looked into (I can't make any promises, though).

Reaction score
    I have a different opinion about that, I kind like when the turrets remains on the last shoot position, it could be an option on the turret AI to reset or not the position when not in combat.
    Also it could apply for drones, if not in combat they could get back and dock by their selfs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have a different opinion about that, I kind like when the turrets remains on the last shoot position, it could be an option on the turret AI to reset or not the position when not in combat.
    Also it could apply for drones, if not in combat they could get back and dock by their selfs.

That's why I like the logic reset button idea.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You know that you can reset the turrets in the systems tab yourself, right?