turrets on a spacestation

Reaction score
    Can the turrets on a station share same AI core (for example oen in my main control room) - and any docked "turret" would use it?

Do turrets need to have standalone weapon computers (cant they again be on the station itself)?

So all the turret would be is the core + weapons.

Reaction score
    Every turret needs a Bobby AI to tell it that it\'s a turret (once you set the Bobby to \"turret\" and not \"ship\"). It\'s the Bobby AI that uses the structure it\'s attached to as a turret. Without the Bobby AI telling it that it is a turret, it\'s a ship... a ship that doesn\'t even \"know\" it\'s a ship.

Putting the Bobby AI on the station won\'t work because if you set the Bobby to \"turret\" the Bobby AI will try to use the structure it\'s attached to as a turret - which in this case would be the station, and they can\'t move. ;)

Reaction score
    Shortly how docking works: you have a ship, and then you have an another ship docked to the first one. This means when the first ship moves, the docked one moves with it, and the docked ship also doesn\'t move without the host. Turret docking modules allow ships docked to them to rotate and disallow them to have blocks below the core. Same rules apply for stations, except stations can\'t move. No info is shared between the turret and the host, except (in some not yet understood by me way) power and home base invulnerability

And even should your plan work, your strange turrets would still require shields!

Reaction score
    so basically turrets are pretty bad - at least unti lwe get proper turret cores or something.
    Too many pieces that can easily be blown up - since u cant even hide them deep inside the turret itself - u needt oaccess/activate them.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Turrets are the best friend you will ever have ( unless you fly around with an actual friend)
    Turrets are \"expencive\" but the will protect your ship

They are especially needed for bigger ships, since they turn way to slow to catch up with smaller ships.

Reaction score
    I use turrets because they have the same aim as the AI ships. They all run off the same setting in the configs right?

Meaning that their aim is WAY better than my own (sadly). So for me they are a lot more efficient even if they are more expencive of vulnerable.