Bug Turrets not rotating.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    For the last few days all of my turrets have stopped rotating on both single player and online. They are tried and tested designs that I know work fine. The AI pitches the barrel up and down and fires the weapon fine but it will not rotate the base. When I enter the base manually I can rotate the base fine. I have tried manually rebuilding, buying blueprints and spawning them and on my single player game I have admin spawned various turrets that I know work.

Nothing is blocking them they just will not rotate.

I have switched AI on and off both manually and through the system menu and I have since done a fresh install of the game but nothing helps...

Captain Anthros

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I have this same problem. More mass enhances, even by block count several times that of the turret, do not help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    In the end I found that after an update all of the 'barrel' cores had their orientation changed so that from it's perspective pitching up and down was the left and right movement of the turret overall and it's left and right would the up and down of the turret overall. The AI cannot deal with that switch so will only move on one axis. If you rebuild the barrel so that 'left and right' is left and right for the turret over all (and the the base parts 'up and down' is up and down) then it works fine.

TLDR: The orientation of each core has to the correct axis. The AI cannot handle using the opposite axis. For some reason many turrets had their orientation messed up after a patch.

Hope that helps :)