Turrets Have No Power

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I am working on a project and I have been changing out the turrets on a ship. There isn't a huge difference between the turrets, mainly aesthetics but some minor tweaks. I should have power to spare but every new turret I install is unusable as the weapon slot shows a red background as if there is not enough power. Swapping back the turret to the old one and it works!

Move the same, non working turret to another ship and it works.

Am I missing something or is this "supposed" to be like this?

starmade-screenshot-0136.png

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Make sure that there are absolutely no old power blocks on the ship, otherwise it doesn't properly transition to the new system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Make sure that there are absolutely no old power blocks on the ship, otherwise it doesn't properly transition to the new system.
    Nope, not that. It is a new build and the turrets that are being employed are all post the power update. One is pre the weapons update but has been completely stripped out and has been turned from a beam/cannon/piercing effect to cannon/beam because I just liked the look of the turret.

There are over 29,000 power generation blocks and 80% stabilisation producing around 2.9 million energy. Apart from a few thrusters to help moving the ship about there is nothing else drawing power. I can charge the jump drive and the scanner and I'm only using a 1/4 of the available power.

One of the turrets I'm using draws about 78 at rest and 500-600 at recharge.

I have tried fiddling with the power priorities and even stripped EVERYTHING out of the original ship (that was a fully operational) and have boosted the power output from about 17,000 blocks with 100% stabilisation giving 1.9 million power.

It just seems that any new turret added won't work!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    maybe you have an old power block left over inside the ship somewhere...

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    maybe you have an old power block left over inside the ship somewhere...
    While possible, he did say that his ship was a completely post 2.0 build.

In any case, I'm having a similar issue after the recent update. In a reset universe with absolutely no old power blocks in it, my new 2,500 mass, power 2.0 ship with power 2.0 turrets will not fire its remote AI turrets. I can fire the weapons on the turrets manually by jumping in one but they will no longer fire on their own; even when the AI is set to 'selected target'; manually or via wireless logic. Something has definitely changed since everything worked great until this last hotfix. I have yet to figure out what they changed that caused my turrets to stop working.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Right new problem, old remedy but TOTALLY ANNOYING!!!

1) Install New Turret. Check no power to weapon (nope!)
    2) Quit game back to main menu.
    3) Launch game again and the turret has power!

Same issue with adding blueprints to the catalogue.

1) Install blueprint via tool.
    2) Launch game, new ships not in catalogue yet show up in the tool!
    3) Quit game to desktop.
    4) Restart game and launch world, new blueprints are there!

[FACE PALM]

Totally unnecessary extra steps to take and needs fixing ASAP!

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    In any case, I'm having a similar issue after the recent update. In a reset universe with absolutely no old power blocks in it, my new 2,500 mass, power 2.0 ship with power 2.0 turrets will not fire its remote AI turrets. I can fire the weapons on the turrets manually by jumping in one but they will no longer fire on their own; even when the AI is set to 'selected target'; manually or via wireless logic. Something has definitely changed since everything worked great until this last hotfix. I have yet to figure out what they changed that caused my turrets to stop working.

Disregard this... I found out what my issue was and it looks unrelated to splatthecat's OP.

Apparently "remote control" needs to be turned off in your Bobby AI menu in order for wireless remote turrets to work. Strangely, remote control did work with my wireless turrets up until the last update.