Turrets, docking turrets, and chain docking turrets

Reaction score
    I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who's tired of having to exit the ship, go near a shop, buy a turret, pilot the turret to the docking unit, dock, leave the turret, then set the bobby module.

So maybe we could have a "turret control interface" that, when near a shop, allows you to buy a turret that's already docked on a selected docking unit. Maybe it could also allow you to set the settings of the bobby AI modules without even leaving the ship.

Now, most sci-fi turrets out there I have seen do not have a "single point" rotating point. Meaning that most turrets have 2 parts: a base that rotates, and a cannon that can point straight up and down. That is not the case in starmade. The starmade turret feels like a "joint", so I suggest maybe adding some turret rotator blocks that limit the turrets rotating directions.

I hope you understood what I meant, and thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    I wholeheartedly agree. As a matter of fact, i have been hoping for the turret rotator/hinge blocks for a little while now. And if they worked for not only turrets, but anything on a ship or station (they could be controlled by a control computer like weapon and missile computers now, or by an ai unit) that would add a whole new level of depth to shipbuilding. we could have retractable landing gear, opening and closing blast doors over hangars or hallways, and all sorts of other things.

Reaction score
    I got a ship with around 60 turret ports..... I think that says everything

Reaction score
    Im using smal turret carrying vessels, whit it i\'ll buy several fully completed turrets on outside of main ships \"box\", docking all turrets to vessel and fly next to turret port. Then only need to jump to turret core, undock from vessel, target and use docking beam to turret port. AI module needs right now manually set active, but other configurations are done when build turret blueprint.

Reaction score
    You dont save time it is much easier to fly the ship to the shop but that isnt the point...

It took me atleast 10mins to setup 8 turrets of my over 60 ports and I dont want to spend hours while docking turrets......

Reaction score
    Another idea is to teleport your astronaut into the core of the ship when you spawn it from the catalog. That will reduce the amount of time, not require an additional interface, and would be helpful for spawing ships vice turrets also.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking about this Idea, and I thought what if you could put a second docking module across from the first and then that creates a beam between them. then any turret docked to either would be fixed to rotate around the beam, but unable to tilt up or down. this could be used to create densely packed arrays of turrets that wouldn\'t jam against the deck above them. (or beside if you had this arranged on it side.