Turrets designed for human use

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Anyone have turrets designed to be used by humans? Perhaps a ball turret similar to ww2 bombers, or even remotely controlled turrets? I'm in need of an idea for how I can improve my idea for human-controlled turrets. I also want to keep the turret profiles small if possible, I'm a fan of embedded turrets if I must go there.

I currently have remote controlled turrets.

starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg

starmade-screenshot-0003.jpg

How these work, is you get into a core inside of the ship, and use arrow keys to get to the actual attached turret.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Define your requirements for a turret used by humans. By my definition I just need to have the turret core accessible from the inside of the ship and a camera if required to target things as you manually move it around. I usually add that to the larger capital class turrets as I have wireless links for things that I need to get to. Also its good for rotation testing and possibly limiters to limit rotation from interfering with other turrets. Otherwise one bobby AI and its an AI controlled one. Did you mean human controlled as in accessible with a cockpit or control room?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Define your requirements for a turret used by humans. By my definition I just need to have the turret core accessible from the inside of the ship and a camera if required to target things as you manually move it around. I usually add that to the larger capital class turrets as I have wireless links for things that I need to get to. Also its good for rotation testing and possibly limiters to limit rotation from interfering with other turrets. Otherwise one bobby AI and its an AI controlled one. Did you mean human controlled as in accessible with a cockpit or control room?
    Human controlled as in no Bobby AI module.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I'd have the AI Module there for when you don't have spare players on hand or crew later down the road but as for player used turrets in general. I'd just leave a nice shaft or hallway into the barrel somehow.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I'd go for a beam armament, with a competent human pilot you can get a near 100% hit rate.