Turrets attacking me when I leave my ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since the latest update all of my turrets have been attacking me when I leave one of my ships. When pirates come into range they'll attack them as well. I've checked the settings on the Bobby AI module and it's setup how it should be. I've tried exiting the program and restarting several times and the same thing keeps happening. Not sure if related but when I destroy pirates and the core starts to overheat, the icon stays red. (if i'm not mistaken it used to go light blue?) Also, I was building a new ship, flew out of the sector to help a friend fight some pirates, came back and the icon for my new ship was red and my turrets were shooting at it as I came in range.

Reaction score
    because I didn\'t want to hijack the other thread. However, I\'m not entirely sure this is it anymore... but the same sort of thing happened to me when I was building a planet defense turret a while ago.

From what I saw, the AI in turrets set to target \'Any\' that have activated(signed) faction blocks will attack any target if your faction considers neutrals as enemies. After exiting a new ship without a faction block of its own, the turret will consider you as a neutral target. It will not stop shooting at you until you enter its core and reset its AI unit. So until this glitch is fixed, don\'t exit ship cores near your turrets without first attaching a signed faction block or setting your faction to not shoot neutrals.

However, I don\'t remember any ship icons unexpectedly turning red... Maybe I wasn\'t paying attention to that? At the time, the faction functionality seemed totally bugged out on the server I was in. In fact, I don\'t think resetting the AI unit even fixed the issue at the time.

Anyone else experience this?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    to me happened aswell.

One solution is what AltF4Dead said (resetting AI modules), but another more drastic one is to be killed (or suicide). that\'ll reset your target assigment to the turret\'s eye