Turrets aiming but not shooting

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi everyone !

I've build a turret, with faction module, ai module etc. The turret aim at the ennemy, but doesnt shoot at all.

I dont understand what i'm doing wrong. I tried everyting i found, but nothing. What am i supposed to do ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Make sure the weapons computer is working and is linked up to the gun batteries

Also make sure the guns have enough power to fire

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everything works fine when i use it. I can fire. But for the power it\'s weird. When i\'m undocked, 100%. When i\'m docked, 50% max (but i can still fire.

I\'ve followed this: http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Tutorials/Turrets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It\'s 50% because the turret only shows the amount of the total energy stored in the turret. So you see how much energy is in the turret and the bar itself represents all of the energy in the ship.

The more energy your mothership stores, the less energy your turret will show.

I\'ve had this happen to me before but I don\'t remember how I solved it. Try getting closer to the thing you want to shoot at and if that doesn\'t work then reset all turrets and try again. Try the Selected Target mode too. Try everything basically. They are bound to work eventually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can the problem comes from the fact that i try to fire at pirate\'s turrets ? I\'ve found some topics saying that turrets don\'t fire at other turrets.

I\'ve already tried the selected target thing, same problem. About the distance, i tried to be as closer as possible, doesn\"t work.

The first time i\'ve approach the pirate\'s base, the turret had started firing, but stopped after 4-5 shots and totally bugged.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The select target AI option does not work very well currently. It will not change targets when you select a different target. It continues firing at the old target.

Your turret is probably out of range of the enemy ships. That\'s why it can\'t fire.

Set your AI option to target Any.