Turret Tracking

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Okay, so bear with me on this one.

I have a ship with multiple turrets on it. All turrets are powered and have sufficient mass enhancers on both the base and the ship proper.

When I spawn in pirates, the turrets react and fire at the ships as you would expect.

Here's the catch; the turrets move very slowly and very often don't even point at the enemy ships, however, the projectiles still come out of the barrels in the right direction, even if the turret is facing backwards.

What's going on?

Is it an AI issue? Anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
    Just a directional weirdness. I wouldn't be too bothered, as long as they still shoot within a reasonable time frame. Double-check your mass enhancers and rotational freedom, that's all I can suggest.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just a directional weirdness. I wouldn't be too bothered, as long as they still shoot within a reasonable time frame. Double-check your mass enhancers and rotational freedom, that's all I can suggest.
    The mass of the combined turret is 80 something, barrel is 30, so covered by 50 free mass, more than enough enhancers on ship, and full 360 degree base rotation with a 0-90 degree firing arc.

I don't know what the issue possibly could be.

Reaction score
    Is it tracking in a reasonable timeframe? As long as it's firing within a few seconds of acquiring target, then you're good and it's just AI being glitchy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is it tracking in a reasonable timeframe? As long as it's firing within a few seconds of acquiring target, then you're good and it's just AI being glitchy.
    Occasionally. Sometimes it seems to take a while and sometimes it'll fore right away.

It certainly is a glitch, but meh.

Could it be that I activate my turrets by using the systems tab instead of manually?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you place your weapon computer in the right direction?
    If the shots are coming out sideways, your barrel does not have a 90° angle.

Have you tried a turret with just 1 missile/beam block?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Did you place your weapon computer in the right direction?
    If the shots are coming out sideways, your barrel does not have a 90° angle.

Have you tried a turret with just 1 missile/beam block?
    I'll double check. That sounds like something that could be the issue, but, gut instinct, I don't think I did that.