Turret slowdown issue

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I noticed this problem a patch or two ago and I'm not sure if its an error on my part or a bug. When installing turrets on my most recent ship, I noticed that in testing, they wouldn't appear to target, fire, or even move. Upon further inspection I found that the turrets were moving albeit by an almost negligible amount. I thought that maybe I needed more rail mass enhancers (which I still don't quite understand the function of) but when I entered the turret myself, I found that the turret moved fine and that the turret would fire upon enemies when they passed in front of the barrel when the ai was enabled. The only explanations I have been able to come up with for the phenomenon are:

a) I really don't have enough mass enhancers either in my ship (which I slightly doubt as I filled most of the empty space of my ship with them) or in the turret itself (which I am unsure if they are required there).

b) The turret's targeting is bugged and it is targeting some far off target which I deduced from the fact that when observing the turret's movement, I noticed it sometimes appears to be moving towards nothing often times away from a visible target in target "any" mode.

The turrets themselves have 250 mass total and a cannon-beam system with 5000 range and the ship is 17,500 in mass and 18,000 with the turrets attached and I have 5000 mass enhancer blocks. The entity menu is telling me I have 19,300 mass enhanced which leads me to assume I should be fine in regards to rail slowdown. once again, I am well aware this could just be an error on my part but I just want to find out if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if anyone has a fix.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Noticed this too and to make things even worse turrets and anything else saved with the AI active when saving are no longer active when loaded from the BP. It is like turrets are trying to aim at their target yet are unable to aim directly at them. A few patches ago all turrets worked fine but first it was missile turrets, and no things that have to aim directly at targets like cannons and beams are no longer aiming at their targets either.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ive had this happening on my client before this patch, i thought it was just lag on my end to be honest, but, maybe it wasnt.

Reaction score
    Try adding the mass enhancers to the turrets themselves.

Worked for me

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Try adding the mass enhancers to the turrets themselves.

Worked for me
    The thing it my very small anti missile turrets have the same issue and they didn't need any mass enhancers at that mass since they practically have no mass to begin with. >_> Also several turrets with mass enhancers aren't working right either it's like mass enhancers were turned off and the mass of all the turrets got multiplied several times over to the point they hardly move.