Turret Size vs Ship Size

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was told that turrets with barrels (or turrets with less than 360 degrees in both X and Y axis) generate extreme lag when attempting to aim at something they should not be able to hit, like a target on the other side of the ship. It will attempt to aim at it's base, and if, say, that it is blocked by it's mount or it's base, it throws a fit in errors and lags everyone. Is this true, and will it be addressed soonish?

Thanks.
    I think that might depend on everyone's hardware (and the server's). It isn't an issue on my server, for example.

I think what is actually causing the lag is the collision detection from the AI constantly and rapidly bumping the barrel into the base, many times per second.

To try and combat this, I built some turrets where the barrel was entirely contained within the ball dimensions (so that it could spin freely and aim at its own base). The good news is that it works quite well. The bad news is that there is nothing more disheartening than watching an entire array of PD turrets shooting at the floor of my planet while pirates pelt them with missiles from above...