Turret shooting?

Reaction score
    I was wondering, when does a turret start shooting (with a bobby AI module set on "any")?
    Will it also shoot friendly ships or does it just shoot everything?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was wondering, when does a turret start shooting (with a bobby AI module set on "any")?
    Will it also shoot friendly ships or does it just shoot everything?
    It'll automatically target enemy ships (ones that appear red in your nav)

Reaction score
    But how do you make ships red?
    Because if a ship starts floating near my station nothing happens, so when does it become a target?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    "Any" refers to missiles OR enemy vessels. You can set it to one or both basically. The AI should start firing whenever something comes within the firing range of its longest range weapon, and is within line of sight.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422088615,1422088574][/DOUBLEPOST]A ship becomes a target if they are part of a faction you are at war with. You are default at war with pirates, but can declare war on other factions through the faction menu

Reaction score
    But if someone attacks me, do the turrets automatically start shooting at him/her? Because if i'm away and, for instance, my ship isn't docked. The turret won't attack people who start attacking the ship or station because i haven't set that specific faction to "war"?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is an option in your faction settings to decalre war automatically on anyone that is neutral that shoots anything belonging to your faction. I believe it is the "Declare war on hostile action" checkbox

Reaction score
    But how do you make ships red?
    Because if a ship starts floating near my station nothing happens, so when does it become a target?
    as soon they shoot at your ship/planet/base they will appear red, untill then they're friendly

Reaction score
    There is also an option for your factions to make also neutral targets enemies. I would NOT recommend doing that unless every ships has a faction block on it. I learned the hard way....

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Keep in mind that "declare war on hostile action" only works once blocks start getting broken, not just shield hits, unless that was fixed recently.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has not been fixed, I believe, hostile action only works with blocks destroyed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, there goes my thoughts on that one. I guess I was inferring from the setting what it did, which is something I cant do with an alpha lol.