Turret shield improvement

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well some of you already know this but I just want to post this thread for those who don't.

So on the suggestion thread there are many suggestions of sharing ship shield with the turret.
    ofcourse this would be way to op.

at the moment the averange turret would be something like this:
    50% offensive
    25% shield cap
    25% regeneration

well now the solution for better shields, supply beams.
    these beams are almost not used but are exualy really usefull, when combined with logic
    the simple combination of 1 shield supply beam system under a turret could make big difference:
    50%offensive
    50% shield cap
    or
    75% offensive
    25% shield cap

the only thing you need to do is some testing for the shield beams you dont want them to give off too little.
    for the systems, place the beam computer facing towards the turret also do that with the beam modules.
    for the logic: take a activation block conect that to a delay and the beam computer(s)
    conect the delay to a not-gate connect the not-gate back to the activation block
    so:
    computer<activation>delay>not-gate>the activation block.

Reaction score
    Isn't there a bug connected to this where shield supply causes shield regeneration of the mothership to drop to .01%? I might be wrong, of course. Probably am. This is a good use of shield supply overall.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    drop to .01%?
    When we first got shield supply, people made shield supply generators that gave 100% shield regeneration even when under fire, so I think it's more of an anti-exploit than a bug.

Reaction score
    That makes sense, but also poses a problem, as then the mothership would be vulnerable unless it's a Titan