Votes: 6 100.0%
    • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    After doing a quick search, I couldn't find this anywhere else. Sorry if it has been asked before, but I need to hurry and don't have time to search fully.

Let's say you are flying your Ship / Space Tank and you've got your turret. Perhaps you get into a scrap with another ship and accidentally press 'up', your perspective begins to change and in confusion your press it again.

You are now in your turret.

This is the worst thing to have happen to you, especially mid combat. For those who don't know, when you enter your turret, you turn off any AI that it might have. This is understandable as the AI needs to move aside to accommodate for manual control, but the problem is that it doesn't reactivate when your press 'down' to get back to your main ship. meaning that unless you go as an astronaut to manually reactivate the turret via the AI Module (like hell I'm doing that mid fight), your turret is incapacitated.

The solution, add the option for the AI to take over when a person leaves the entity.
    Here's my suggestion, give AI three modes; 'on', 'off' and 'standby'. In the AI module, give the option to have their AI turn off when someone goes into it, or simply to be in standby. Turrets in standby mode will turn back on when the player leaves the turret.

However, I have another suggestion to make turrets easier to use. Add a 'Turret' tab to the ship menu. This will show us the status of all the turrets (i.e; 'on', 'off' or 'standby), and allow you to access the turrets AI modules to change their settings, activate and deactivate the turrets etc, all from the console of the main ship.

I am sure this has, in some way, been suggested (even if I can't find it). But I figured I really should say it anyway. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will get to them when I have a bit more time. I'll add a basic, binary poll for this topic so I can easily see what people think.

Reaction score
    You can already do this. I --> Entity Structure --> Rail System Collective --> Activate all AI Turrets

Reaction score
    My biggest issue has been that pressing down doesn't return you back to the cockpit if you have multiple turrets. In my experience, it's just moved you between or or two turrets, and only those turrets.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you undock a turret, what should happen to the (turret)-AI? Does the ship/turret setting still matter?

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If you undock a turret, what should happen to the (turret)-AI? Does the ship/turret setting still matter?
    I'd anticipate that it'd default to ship in that case, or deactivate and await further instruction.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think turret AI activation/deactivation needs a bound key toggle and an on-screen indicator.