Turret problems since newest release

Reaction score
    Since the latest version (StarMade 0.093941: Next one) the turrets on my ship are unable to dock anymore. I watched how my ship sent its turrets flying all over space as I spawned :( . They're relatively large (19x11x12) but this wasn't a problem before. I tried making the docking box very large but no avail, the turrets won't dock even a 30x30x30 box or larger. I made sure there were no blocks beneath the turret core or any other stuff that might interfere. Anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
    Turrets on top of the ship didn\'t pop out, but all turrets from bottom did and i can\'t get them back.

Reaction score
    I also have turret problems. The turrets I have mounted underneath have fallen off. The docking area is obviously large enough and in the correct orientation. I placed a turret within its footprint and looked at it via build mode. I can not reattach them. It gives 3 error messages. 1 says the docking area is too small when it is obviously not.

Reaction score
    no all my turrets are working fine now have you tried a clean install of the game that might help then you can still import your ships from the other game just make a new folder and copy the launcher to it and te game will do an install in the new folder see if that helps

Reaction score
    All turrets on the bottom of ships and stations have fallen off and will not re-dock.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having the same issue. I think the update f---ed with larger turrets. I started a thread on this in general this morning and it was mentioned to me that this was brought up in the update comments, and that it\'s something the dev/devs are aware of and working to fix.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    my turrets will only fit on the top boxes. When trying to dock with turret docks that point in any other direction, it says that the docking area is too small.. All turret boxes are the same size, as are the turrets (catalog copies).

in the picture below you can see the turrets docked on two of the upwards pointing docks.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/martinuzzz/starmade-screenshot-0010_zps99617485.png

Reaction score
    So far, I\'ve notived that the last few fix attempts to turrets seem to have mostly made things worse, even if some things were fixed.

A few builds ago, turrets seemed to be working perfectly fine attached on any side, then a fix was implemented which caused side turrets to invert. The next fix did not fix the inverted turret issue, instead making it impossible to get side or bottom turrets to even attach at all. They wouldn\'t even attach if the docking zone was grossly bigger than the turret\'s docking box.

Either there is a horrible, terrible problem with the programming for turrets, or someone on the team either hates turrets or feels that they should only be attached to the tops of vessels.

Reaction score
    Lets make sure we are speaking of the same thing first. You have installed at least version 0.09395? It should\'ve fixed most docking problems.

Reaction score
    This thread is about the previous version (see original post). The current version you mention didn\'t fix the problem with turret docking though. Dunno about ship docking, there seems to be no problems with that (at least not with my builds). But, docking areas on sides and bottoms of ships are still reported as \"too small\" even though I\'ve made them huge. Before the last two patches the docking system for turrets worked very good and even orientations were largely fixed, but in the last two patches they are simply broken. I\'m afraid the last patches have been released a little too soon.

EDIT: My turrets had blocks beneath turret core (protection + artistic reasons). Removing them seems to have fixed the problem. A bit unfortunate though, since it was nice to be able to put some trims beneath the turret. Ah well, we\'ll see what happens in the future releases.