Turret flares

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Anyone else built them?

Here's my design though:

thats one awesome idea! I will try something similar,and we should all try to optimize it,so it fits in a very small space while having a decent number of them. imagine releasing quite a few of them,no way anyone can lock on to you anymore

Reaction score
    I believe there was a similar design in the rail show-off thread; a bunch of cores on a rail with a remote logic activated push pulse that shoved the cores out into the open. The rail loaded with the cores was, itself, docked to another entity, like a reloadable magazine. Great idea; I wonder how effective it would be against heat seekers or AI. I don't recall if it was battle tested or not in that particular thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thinking of adding shields to the "flares" so they actually last longer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Traditionally, flares aren't supposed to last. They are throw away defenses and rely on quantity over quality. Make more, not better.

If you are going to add anything, you might as well just make them simple drones with single barrel weapons. Harass the enemy with Mosquitoes of Doom(tm)! This might actually be worthwhile, at the very least they can act as PD drones.

$0.02

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well here is my opinion, and it aint the brightest one.
    That will not work as good as you want it, at least against the ships built by me.
    Why?
    I set my forward fireing turrets to 'aim at selected', and since i am not going to select your core ships the only way they will do some god is if they line up in front of my turrets.
    As for the side turrets, they are usually a lot smaller but there is a ton of them.

All in all, nice idea tho hardly effective.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nice way to launch them. I used the old school pulse so it's not that fancy but they are sent flying very well

This small shuttle have two set of 4 each for emergencies
    Not useful in the end, but fun system to have =)

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I set my forward fireing turrets to 'aim at selected', and since i am not going to select your core ships the only way they will do some god is if they line up in front of my turrets.
    Well, that calls for a straighter and better ejecting mechanism.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, that calls for a straighter and better ejecting mechanism.
    If i move my ship a few meters in a direction in which you have not fired yout flares, they again become useless.
    You would need 100s of those, and to fit them you will lose a lot of internal or external space + added mass.

Realy, it is only effective against heatseekers.