Turret Docking

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After the final release on docking mechanics as a whole is leaving me with bad prospects. After learning it was a true to size bounding box and not by volume that my friend and I had speculated. With that its leaving us with less options that before. I hate to say this since I'm one of the people that says Alpha is Alpha and Schema does what he wants with the game he is making, but there is a point where I am going you just ruined 100's of hours of work on numerous ships since it was a glitch. It would had been one thing if you had fixed the problem since implementing the turret system, but since you let it go this long with as many ships, space stations, and turrets built I hope you work with the community on this one.

Honestly at this point I hope there is a way to compromise with Schema on this since the latest turret docking mechanics are making it harder to make stylized turrets for smaller ships. At this point to work a true effective turret is to make it into a cube basically with some points out of the end, or at this rate anything stubby. I was hoping this game would allow some level of creative ability that I had come to love.

In all some of this post needs to be in the suggestions page since I am trying to come up with a solution that works with everyone.

First I didnt like the true no block left under the core for turrets. You just denied a design of turrets since the dawn of them. Look at pictures of tank and navel vessel turrets and see there is an armored skirting around the vital portions of the turret that go into the hull of the vessel/tank. Make a docking block for the turret that has to be exposed at the bottom and let the core be the CORE for turrets. Yes that would make it harder to kill turrets but I'm looking at it since turrets have a 100% accuracy now.

Second is change the 1/1 ratio bounding box to a volumetric bounding box. Yes, I already discussed it with my friend about it and there would be a problem with 1 high turrets covering as much surface as possible; aka the shield turret. That can be fixed with making turrets have some sort of height required but nothing too much in order to let the player stylize turrets to the ship.

So PLEASE SCHEMA THINK OF OUR CHILDREN FOR THIS (starships and space stations are our children of starmade).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Think of Alpha as a sandy beach... Anything you build can and will be washed away by the tides of change.

If you want a permanent rendition of the behemoths you construct, maybe avoid updating?

Reaction score
    At least you still have 1 bug about turrets not fixed yet, that is turrets are not colliding with main ship when Bobby is using it. Weirdly it does collide when player is in controls... I guess this is another thing that you shouldn\'t count on being always bugged, but some point turrets may not turn quite like they do now. Actually i don\'t really like seeing my long turrets stick inside my ship hull corridors.