Turret docking issues

Reaction score
    After the docking changes i have some problems with my turrets on board my ship, does anyone know a solution and how I can dock these turrets now as the turret docking enhancer expand both directions at once?

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2nbzwc3.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    the only solution is to add more docking enchancers. you cant stop the expanding in both directions.

Reaction score
    or you can go back to a previous build there are backups made in your starmade folder

Reaction score
    what an utterly stupid choice to alter the old system so you can\'t actually choose how form your turret docking and ruin so many designs...

Reaction score
    well it is in alpha and the choice is there.

It is not in final stages, nothing is carved in stone so why not use an older version? Espsically if you are having problems or, you could just rebuild all your ships everytime a new version comes out. The choice is yours, all I did was present a very easy workaround for now. If you want to rebuild all your ships for every new build that comes out that is your choice. The next build could end up with some things reverting back to a previous build also.

Alpha is very early development and means absolutly nothing is carved in stone. I have serveral starmade game folders for different builds so i can compare and test the new builds with previous builds.

I am not saying do not report problems or that you have take my advice but you asked if there was anything you could do. So I guess the best thing you can do is rebuild all your ships that do not have room for the current docking system method since you did not like my idea lol

The problem I have with my ships is when I made my ships with internal docking moduals is witht he current system I do not have the height inside my ships and when I enhance the moduals for length they all go off line cause they expand in hieght also. I will eventually do a rebuld of all my ships once I know the docking system is basicly finalized or, if I get bored

Reaction score
    Yes, what an exellent suggestion, why won\'t I just simply rebuild a 115k mass ship every time a new patch comes out, brilliant!

I understand what you\'re saying, but stuff like this is really frustrating, but Schema added the ignore docking area command so I can still dock, just have to cheat and ignore the docking limits.

Reaction score
    well you did not like my easy work aorund so do what you want you have alot of choices. the easiest is to use an earlier version until you know what is going on. Peaple who make huge ships on a game in alpha should be making them knowing the next version could totally break thier ships for good. What do you think a alpha game is???? do you think it is a 100% finsihed game? Derpy Derp

Reaction score
    Well, as of right now the new docking system is working way schema wants it to. From all the other posts I have read including the news section. Weather he is going to keep it that way who knows he is getting feedback from his testers and will go form there, so if you do not like the current system don\'t play until a build comes out again that you do like. Or just deal with the current system just remember it might change again. 1:1 one ratio is what he said in the news section is what he wants and that is what it is. Or use a previous build that allows your ships you have spent alot of time making to still work for the time being. you can please some of the people some of the time but you can\'t please all the people all of the time. He has alot of offical testers and they have a little more say than the average person.

As of right now there are alot of people with broken docking systems. Sometimes it needs to be done to move forward with a game. just remeber alpha and beta games are the stages of game development where anything can happen for good and or for bad. so deal with it

Turret docking issues

After the docking changes i have some problems with my turrets on board my ship, does anyone know a solution and how I can dock these turrets now as the turret docking enhancer expand both directions at once?

yes, yes they do expand in both directions at once the way it is intended to end of story!

does anyone know a solution and how I can dock these turrets

Either use a previous version as I stated before, rework your ships, rework your turrets or wait and see if it changes in the next few builds, those are the only solutions. If you do not like any of those solutions then alpha and beta games are not for you.