Turret docking is finicky

Reaction score
    I've been having some issues with trying to dock massive numbers of turrets onto my ship.

Although the docking areas (The green boxes) are completely clear, and the turrets fit inside of them, most of the time, when I try to dock a turret, it gives me a message that says, "Cannot dock here! Target not compatible". If it doesn't give me this message, the turret just flatout refuses to dock. Any idea why this is?

Reaction score
    The same thing is/was happening to me. One method for fixing that I used was to simply relog. Before the relog, it was the same thing, message telling me that the target wasnt compatable. I logged out and back in, turrets docked with no issues.

Reaction score
    ... before attempting to dock seems to help, too, provided you actually are in a faction and have faction blocks. Can\'t tell if this is a reliable workaround, but it did seem to do the trick for me the last few times I tried re-docking turrets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All you have to do is get out of the turret and then back into it. At least, I think I remember that working.

Reaction score
    Golem, I will relog, and it will work fine for about 5 turrets, then start being stupid again.

Keen, I don\'t have faction blocks on my turrets, as I\'m only prototyping a large ship design in singleplayer and spawning in some pirates to see what it can handle.

Heskey, I tried that, it never seems to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s very often due to ping, but since it\'s multiplayer, how large is your ship? If you framerate is below 10, it\'s because your ship is lagging your computer. In multiplayer if your ping is above 100 it will also cause issues. I\'m sure it\'s one of those issues.

Reaction score
    This isn\'t in multiplayer, it\'s in singleplayer. My ship is around 2500 mass by itself (About 3500 with all the turrets), and I get above 200fps consistently. It\'s NOT lag.