Turret direction is bugged

Reaction score
    For the past few days I have been playing starmade only to have this problem, when I place my turret on a dock it always points to the back of the ship not the front the core of the turret is the right way and when i rotate the turret then if i go into build mode it goes back to pointing to the end of the ship its kinda annoying.

Will do a video of what I mean if it helps

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get the same thing, it\'s probably a cosmetic issue which won\'t be fixed for some time (I assume). Best way around it is to either point it the correct way just before you exit the turret, or cycle through to it from inside the ship and point it in the correct direction then. However, this can be a difficulty when trying to set the Bobby AI unless you have easy access to it once you\'ve positioned your turret. You could also find an asteroid, and direct the turrets to shoot at it, and back off out of range while they face the correct direction. It\'s just a case of trying to work with it at the moment.

Reaction score
    Glad to see him not the only one with this problem, I hope it does get fixed someday im having to build my turrets back to front.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The turrets seem to point in a set direction when they are connected or when you enter build mode. They do however re-orient themselves properly when the ship is reloaded. All but bottom guns, they point backwards. I wish there was a way to set the default direction for turrets and docked ships.

Of course the latest patch makes all my side turrets load upside down and I have to manually move them for them to orient properly.

Reaction score
    Thats made it really more annoying now i see what you mena about turrets loading upside down.