Turret critique prebuild

Reaction score
    In the dev build the turrets now remember the position they were in at all times.
    I think this is a misunderstanding of what the users want. I want my turrets to snap back into position, but I want to be able to define if that position is forward back or to the sides.

It might well be possible that I am just missing a key combo or the technique to make them do just that, in that case I would really like to know it. As it is now my destroyer looks like it's having a bad hair day.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think having the turrets remember position is bad because:

a) looks bad

b) interferes with building/repairs

We still don\'t have the 24-position docking ports. Also apparently hitting c (ALIGN_SHIP) should orient the turret, but it doesn\'t work properly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was doing it on an aligned ship. The turret was mounted to the side. When I pressed ALIGN_SHIP (x on my control scheme) the turret switched to the forward orientation, straight up, then switched back to the off-center orientation afterwards.

Reaction score
    To prove my point I did a little battle with Isanths. Now I got a turret in my view.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We really do need an option in the structure tab for turrets to auto center when they are idle.