Turret-Controll System and Terminal

Reaction score
    Good morning !

Imagine you are in space combat. The enemy fleet is approaching while you and your ship crew dont have any time left to enter your ship turrets. Wouldnt it be insane, if you could be able to controll a Turret or a group of turrets using a " Turret - Controll Terminal " to beat your enemys ? You could just stay inside your ship, without exposing yourself to dangers.

But lets get into details.

Those " Turret - Controll Terminals " ( Name still can be changed ) are placeable objects which looks similar to the normal decorative consoles. They can be used to interact with a playercrew or later it also could be usefull for NPC crews. When a player / NPC enters this " Turret - Controll Terminal " he can controll a single or even a bunch of Turrets at the same time to focus firepower and firing more precise. The player will be able to assign Turrets to this " Turret - Controll Terminal " with the standard connection keys. When using one of these " Turret - Controll Terminals " the assigned Turrets will get a medium-huge damage boost.

So why do they get an damage boost ?
    An player or npc which is using the " Turret - Controll Terminal " isnt so good in acting like an " Anti Missile System ". A Computer can calculate in which direction the Missile is flying, at what speed and when it need to be shotdown. A player cant do that . So the main usage is in focusing firepower and certain spots to hit the enemy badly. This will also promote the NPC Crew or Player Crew gameplay a lot.

What do you think about it ? Give me your feedback :)
    [doublepost=1481639482,1481638464][/doublepost]I just see, that there already some threads like that. So This one here wont be necassary

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, command chairs are coming that will allow remote access to systems. Its generally assumed at this point that you will be able to link them to turrets for easy direct control.

Reactions: spaceEngineer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I wouldn't mind being able to name turrets and create groups, then be able to change their target preference on the fly rather than having to directly access the Bobby AI. A "select next target" button wouldn't be bad, either - for when a turret is firing on a low-priority target. "Select my target" is nice, but I've had too many "oops" moments when I've clicked on a friendly target to find its range or heading and ended up declaring war.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, something to allow more direct AI control would be preferred.

We need the system to work on the assumption that its one person controlling one ship, and hence there aren't unlimited numbers of humans to man every turret individually. Be nice to have options to allow that for factions that actually can field that kind of manpower, but not have it be the only way.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like the console idea if we could apply the same functions and visual mechanic as the chairs to have your avatar or an NPC standing at the station animated, moving their head and arms as if to be controlling stuff.