TCC is simple and effective.

• No it's not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    In response to the many ideas about better turret control...how about this.

TTC would act like a weapon control computer in that it could be fired by NPCs or by the pilot from the toolbar. Use C-V to link one or more turrets to the TCC. Interacting with the TCC' menu would let you change the AI settings/status of all linked turrets with the following suggested options.

1) Activate and deactivate. (group 'safety' switch).
    2) Change targeting preferences of group.
    3) Decouple all turrets from hull. (bonus points if I can 're-couple the entire group to their home anchor-points like a fleet)
    4) Select 'presence attack' option that causes the entire bank to track/lock target without firing.
    5) [insert your cool idea here.]

Reaction score
    I would point you to both the FSM and the General Discussion tab, something very much like this, in fact nearly identical, was proposed not even a week ago.
    However, this is oh-so-slightly different and may be more likely. However ...
    Wireless Logic-type attachments .... suck.
    I like it, though, but please refer to the other discussions first. Unless you looked and didn't find it, then you just missed one and "Oh well".

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Thanks SW1981.

Without realizing it I bypasses the wireless logic altogether...and I'm fine with that. Wireless is still wonky. The radical thing this idea is asking for is that a Control Computer on the main ship be allowed to control a Bobby AI (or core) on any of it's mounted entities (turrets). My hope was for a player-simple solution that would be easier for the Devs to implement. Since we have fleet-control built in now this no longer seems like a pipe-dream.

Really, what I am suggesting relates to the idea that a ship should encompass all of it's turrets and not just treat them as unrelated parasites attached to the hull. ;)

Reaction score
    Connect the computer to the turret docking points. That'd make for an interesting an useful system which improves interchangeability and hopefully functions with the present shipyard/blueprint systems without getting reset. Or, at least, I think that it does.....

Reaction score
    What we need is to be able to define "ships" as "Turret Base" and "Barrel" (or other names, those are just logical) so that they act accordingly - when a turret base is docked to the mothership, it connects to said TCC, and when the Barrel is docked to that, they behave more like one entity than two. Maybe. That cross-entity mess might get screwy in programming, IDK.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As with all the other turret-control suggestions, an astronaut or NPC needs to be able to jump into the computer and control all linked turrets together. Maybe allow cameras to be linked to the computer, to give the occupant a preferred-point-of-view for using the turrets together.

I think we can all appreciate this.

The other thread about this.