Turret bug

Reaction score
    I Just broke a turret dock and the turret disconnected as normal but it won't reconnect, i fiddled with it and i think what's happened is the turret still thinks it's connected, i can't disconnect it in the weapons computer of either the turret or the parent ship and i get no error message when i try to connect to the dock. I made another turret and that connects fine but it would be nice to get my normal turrets working again rather than destroying the core and rebuilding them.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    This is not a fix :)

I\'ve had this same issue with (faction) turrets unable to re-dock once undocked. Even if it\'s just a simple thing to fix (which I don\'t know), I\'d call this a serious bug that needs looking into.

Restarting the server was not necessary, in my case disconnecting and rejoining was enough. Still, it\'s potentially opening up a ship/station to attacks.

On a side note, turrets\' hotbars defaulting to \"0\" (\"undock\") is absolutely counterproductive... maybe this could be changed while at it? I\'m not even addressing the issue with the hotbar layout not being persistent per ship, or at all ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was having the same problem, but after flying extremely close and at a crazy angle I was somehow able to redock the turret, its been working fine since.

But now for some reason I can make turrets as big as I want, the green docking box no longer seems to limit turret size in three (Four?) of the possible directions. I had a turret 20 blocks long attached to a single turret docking block.

Reaction score
    Thanks for responses guys, glad it\'s not just me! Yeah i know the restart was not a fix but i was just glad i didn\'t have to dismantle my turrets :) I can see how this whole bases becoming open to attacks could be pretty serious.

Reaction score
    For me this happens when i regulary undock and try to redock. Everything i undock isn\'t recongnized as a ship anymore and i have to restart the server to reconnect them.