Turret Axises with Rails

Reaction score
    I am trying to make a turret that raises out of the top of a ship. The horizontal turret axis is connected to the ship. An entity is then attached to function as the base of the turret. This base also has three vertical basic rails. Attached to the basic rails is a lift piece that contains the turret axis for the turret's vertical positioning.

When I attach the entity for the turrets barrels I am able to aim vertically but no horizontal movement is available. Is this behavior intended?

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/8NUMa

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sadly, you can only do it like this (where ">>" means "docked to"):
    Ship >> Elevating base >> Vertical turret rotation >> Horizontal turret rotation (vertical and horizontal can be switched places)
    However, in your ship, the elevating base is between vertical and horizontal turret pivots.

Reaction score
    I'm having similar issues. I built some pretty large shield draining turrets to protect my base from large ships with huge amount of shield power, and when I dock the turrets to a two docking arm system, to achieve 3d axis rotation, they won't move to attack or target anything. I've added large amounts of mass enhancers to all sections, to compensate for the mass, and supplied plenty of power to account for the extra mass enhancers. I tested all this and it just seems that anything larger than an average sized turret will not move when docked to a two 2 axis rotational setup. I've recently been attacked and killed multiple times by big ships... and my large turrets just sit there doing nothing. ??? I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm I'm not completely sure but if I remember correctly the support tools aren't used by bobby AI only stuff under the weapon category. You might be able to use logic to activate them and perma run them and have a small weapon system for the bobby AI to use and aim with. But most support weapons have limited range.

I'm also assuming there is a reason you can't make your base your faction home base and make it invulnerable?