Turret Arm won't rotate

Reaction score
    Heya, just trying to make some AMT for my new miner and I encountered some problems.

At first, none of the parts moved but I destroyed them and rebuilt the base and the base moved but after 3 rebuilds I can't get the arm to move. No matter what I press or where I put the rail it won't move.
    Also, with the Bobby AI Module it returns to Ship and 'Off' when I exit it's menu.

It may just be the server's lag or a bug but I have a feeling there's some mistake I'm making that I haven't realised. So please, for the love of Anti-Missile Turrets... help me.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wrong core orientation maybe; make sure both 'up' and 'front' are identical for both cores in the assembled state.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can you explain? I don't really understand what you just said.
    If the orientation of one of the cores is wrong both the barrel and the base might try to rotate around the same axis. This would result in only one of them actually rotating. Note that there are 24 possible orientations, not just 6.

If you use the "Create Docking" feature, you first click to place the rail docker, then you click to place the core, and then you can determine the core's orientation with the mouse wheel. The orientation is indicated by an arrow. This arrow sits on one of the six faces of the core (which is just displayed as a frame at this time) and points to one of four different directions. Turning the mouse wheel changes the arrow and thus the orientation of your new core. The direction the arrow is pointing to is 'forward', and the face it sits on is 'up'.

The orientations of the cores in the base and in the barrel should match (they don't necessarily have to, but only some of the many possible combinations work). Enter both cores and check whether you look in the same direction in both cases. If you don't do so or if do look in the same direction but the screen seems rotated by 90° or 180°, then there's an orientation problem.