Turret and roll bug (Schema Pleasse read)

Reaction score
    i was playing sp and was trying to defend my space station and decided to make a turret. so i made a pretty ugly and semi decent one that had the following dimensions:

L:33

W:15

H:23

and it wouldnt fit into a turret docking port that could easly handle it the dimensions for the port are:

L:39

W:39

H33

please help me if im doing something wrong or fix it if its a bug

also ive come to notice the roll (or whaterver "Z" and "X" do) of a ship is not changed depending on the mass or the thrus withc means i can spin a an entity with a mass of 1000000 with no thrust as fast as i can turn a ship core with nothing on it unless this is suppposed to be this way please fix it

-Erabior

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Not only does the turret have to fit in the box, it has to fit in the box while the core is directly above the docking block.

The roll is only dependent on the proportions of the ship (as long as it isn\'t really wide, it can roll well).

Reaction score
    The turret did fit with the core directly above the docking module and I loaded the yamamato witch I downloaded and 3 of the turrets came off right away and the others staked on. I will upload a picture of the turret and the docking port size as son as possible.

Thank you for the help

-Erabior

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am getting the same problem. I\'m trying to dock a lone, un-factioned Ship Core to a Turret Docking Unit linked to 5 Turret Docking Enhancer Units. I aim at the Docking Unit and get the error message \"The docking area is too small for this turret to dock\". As can be seen from the below screenshot, the docking area is clearly much larger than the Turret area. This has been happening to me since the linked docking update. I am presently using version 0.0947.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this an official bug which the Developers are aware of?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/av3mluwz54mibtq/starmade-screenshot-0034.png

Reaction score
    Looking at the build box(blue), your ship seems to have some invisible blocks attached to it. One of the messages also refers to blocks below the core. I suggest deleting the core and trying a fresh core. Be sure and give it a new name. Naming ships alike has caused many people problems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I used Removal mode with a 10x10x10 box around the Core to clear out any invisible blocks and now it lets me dock. That had been \"bugging\" me for days and now I can start experimenting with Turrets again! Thank you so much sir :-D