Turning the "push-pulse" into an "emp-pulse"

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The push pulse already has an "emp" feature implemented. It basically disables the steering of ships hit by the pulse. Now, I suggest to remove the incredibly weak push ability from the pulse and simply renaming it to "emp pulse" (or stun pulse if you prefer).

This change would be extremely easy to implement.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    did they add it back in? last time i tested it they took out the EMP effect. haven't tried this out yet

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like this idea. That would be useful on a large ship for "stunning" drones and slowing them down enough for turrets to pick some off. As of now, drone swarms are quite strong.

Reaction score
    Maybe it could temporarily disable AI. This would reduce the effectiveness of drone spam while aving little to no effect on human-controlled ships (with the exception of possibly affecting turrets).

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe it could temporarily disable AI. This would reduce the effectiveness of drone spam while aving little to no effect on human-controlled ships (with the exception of possibly affecting turrets).
    That sounds interesting. The drawback to nerfing drone spam is that the whole idea of drone spam motivates the use of done-swatting fighters. Ship-mounted turrets are generally bad flyswatters. This is a good idea, but I'd be careful of being too hard on the drone swarms.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It will already completely disable AI ships since they basically can't turn or do other stuff.

What I'm talking about is ALREADY in the game, I'm just asking for a name change and for the practically nonexistent push ability to be removed.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It will already completely disable AI ships since they basically can't turn or do other stuff.

What I'm talking about is ALREADY in the game, I'm just asking for a name change and for the practically nonexistent push ability to be removed.
    I see. I definitely agree with the name change, but I don't see any particular reason to remove the weak push because it would seem a nice touch for a ship to get a slight nudge when this big wave of energy/forcefield/sci-magick/whatever hits it.

Reaction score
    I see. I definitely agree with the name change, but I don't see any particular reason to remove the weak push because it would seem a nice touch for a ship to get a slight nudge when this big wave of energy/forcefield/sci-magick/whatever hits it.
    I agree. I didn't even know the push pulse had an EMP effect, so I never used it. Seems like the EMP effect should be the focal point. But yeah, push effect should remain, just because it's neat to see things get blasted or otherwise moved by a shockwave.