Turning speeds

Reaction score
    OK I\'m sorry but I know big ships shouldn\'t turn fast but the turning on anything above like 200 length is ridiculously slow. I mean I was just testing ships to see which I should showcase on my youtube channel I was testing the SFW ships and they turn so slow it\'s insane you literally take about 2 1/2min to turn all the way around. and my newest light carrier was really thin but turned slow because it was long. I think they should switch the turning speed from measuring it based on length to measuring based on mass.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the main problem...

is that a ship that is 200m long has the same turning speed as a ship 1000m long. Larger ships should turn more slowly, but the current numbers are too small, in my opinion.

You know turn-able chairs? If you draw your legs closer to the center, the speed increases.

Is it not be possible to have 2 weels in a 8-shape, turn them both clockwise, and have the opposite momentuums in the center compensate for each other? Basically you would produce a force to the left on top, to the right on bottom (the whole mass moves counter-clockwise).

You don\'t need a lot of mass - the faster the weels turn, the greater the force. You just need something like fluids which have no resistance. It draws power when you introduce the turn and gives it back if you end turning.

It is possible to use them as capacitors and to convert the power of clockwise turns to counter-clockwise turns with not even using electricity, but mechanics.

We just don\'t have the technology (jet) to do all that without friction.