Trying to make this basic clock faster for a push effect

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After further testing, I've discovered that even that last rail overclocker I was working with had issues. It would just skip right over some positions on the binary counter. I have managed to work out why, though. It seems that the fastest a circuit can comprehend data is at no more than 4 hertz a frame. That's why I started devoloping that rail overclocking method, because it pulses quickly per frame for many frames, not super fast in a single frame.

The download has a pretty quickly updating circuit, with an array of and gates and latches to show that each binary digit is, in fact, being read by the more complicated logic. The issue with amimai's circuit is thathooking up more than one of those flip-flop overclockers went over that 4hertz limit. My circuit still uses the flip-flop overclockers, however, because using just one per frame seems to be readable by the circuit.

The one issue with this method is that saving the world has the bad habit of messing up the timing on the rail. To fix this, change some text in the server.cfg file called "SECTOR_AUTOSAVE_SEC =" to -1. to save manually, use the /force_save command. If you don't want to mess with the server.cfg file, use the /delay_save command to just delay the game by however many seconds you type after the command.

One final note, if the docked entities don't all go back into position at the same time when resetting, the timing could be messed up. Just reset them again until they all go back to their starting position at the same time. If they still don't then you need to try doing it manually, by messing with the buttons that control direction.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1444245444,1444242853][/DOUBLEPOST]heh, I think I segwayed pretty far off topic here.. So in the spirit of the original intent for this thread, I think there is a limit to how many times a second you can activate a pulse computer. It's definitly more than once every half second, at least when you use it manually, but not any where near the kind of speed I was messing with.. I think the rail rotor designs are best for reaching the max pulses a second for this kind of application.

Attachments