Trouble With Server on Steam

Reaction score
    Hey, I was trying to get a server working for me and my friend, but whenever I tried to load up the game after starting the dedicated server on the Steam version, it said there were 2 instances of the game running, how do I fix this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey, I was trying to get a server working for me and my friend, but whenever I tried to load up the game after starting the dedicated server on the Steam version, it said there were 2 instances of the game running, how do I fix this?
    In your steam directory
    (example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\)
    find the steam apps folder. Inside that folder find the common folder, then find the starmade folder.
    (example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Starmade)
    Make a shortcut to the Starmade-starter.exe file and run the server from there.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Inside the Stardmade directory should be "StarMade-dedicated-server-windows.bat" that should bypass the normal starter and start the dedicated server directly.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You can also just run a normal singleplayer game. Your friend should be able to connect to it like to a dedicated server, provided you opened the port on your firewall(s).

Reaction score
    That actually sounds to me like you accidentally launched a single player game from the same installation the server was running on.