Trouble with converting models and transparent textures

Reaction score
    So, I wan't to convert starmade models into .x files.
    But the transparent blocks , like glas or ice often just have me see through the entire model unto the background. Blender 2.78 for example somtimes works perfectly and sometimes only partially, in some cases even more or less, seamingly at random on the same obj file. Also, some starmade exports seem to work better than others in general.
    (btw: The errors are already visible in the editor windows of any software I used to export and get conveyed to the .x files)

The question is: Can I do anything to make these transparent textures apear properly or is my only option to just give up on them?

Reaction score
    Ok, I just tryed that. Double-face doesn't make much of a difference. I even tryed out to lay the entire model over a copy with inverted faces with no improvement.

Also, I now got a decent look into the interior through windows and from the looks of it only blocks with certain textures vanish. But here too, I can't see any specific patern with these disapearing faces.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For most programs, there is a priority order when rendering that basically says "If you can't see it, there's no point wasting computer resources in drawing it". Its a little hard to explain properly, but essentially whats happening is the order of the objects is wrong so the renderer doesn't recognize "Oh, this is something you're supposed to be able to see behind this other kind of thing" and instead hides it thinking it isn't important.

If you can get into the materials list, the object order, etc, try moving the glass to the very bottom of the list.

Reaction score
    For most programs, there is a priority order when rendering that basically says "If you can't see it, there's no point wasting computer resources in drawing it". Its a little hard to explain properly, but essentially whats happening is the order of the objects is wrong so the renderer doesn't recognize "Oh, this is something you're supposed to be able to see behind this other kind of thing" and instead hides it thinking it isn't important.

If you can get into the materials list, the object order, etc, try moving the glass to the very bottom of the list.
    Oh, that really works. It is still an issue, that not all transparent textures have been stored on the same file, but I think I can Work aorund that.
    Thanks for the tip.