Bug Trouble finding planet plates after destruction.

Reaction score
    So I blew up a planet core. The plates went careening off into space and vanished. I look at my "P" star-map and think I see locations for where the plates should be. I go to those locations, but there are no plates, just the usual asteroid clusters. Then I see a plate far in the distance, so I fly there, and just before I get close enough to salvage the whole thing vanishes. The screen kinda jumps as if I've just changed sectors at about the same time. Then I see another plate, fly to it and it vanishes. Then I get close enough to one to actually salvage it. Then a few more ghost-plate chases.

So what's up here? It's almost if the plate is tied to a sector at such a large offset that the sector unloads just as I get close enough to harvest it. Bug or pilot error? Comments? Anyone else seen this one?

Reaction score
    I don't think you're meant to approach the plates, they're just for show.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    It is possible to pick up the plates and relocate them to other sectors, however with a bit of bad luck they may get saved a bit out of sector center and you cannot reach them before switching sectors, especially as the rotation of the system still works and the get virtually moved around, so theres only a small timeframe in the cycle where you can reach them.

Point to them with your mouse and type: /jump you may be lucky and reach them.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thanks Andy, /jump didn't help, but I might play with the other Admin commands to see if I can move them once I can find the UIDs.