Trouble exiting docked ship

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the game, been playing only a couple weeks. This is my first post, thanks for reading.

I've been trying to set up a drone carrier. I've got a platform ship with four docking points. I also have a drone blueprint that I use to admin load each drone, then enter it and dock with the carrier.

The problem I'm having is that occasionally one of the drones will not let me exit after docking. I dock with the carrier, then hit R to exit the drone and suddenly I'm in a sort of limbo area where I can see the drone I just exited, but not the carrier or any other ship. I also can't reenter the drone. The only way for me to get out of this spot is to restart the game. When I respawn, I find that my drone and I are several thousand meters away from the carrier.

I thought maybe I was stuck in a block, but up-arrow doesn't fix it. I tried reconfiguring the drone to give myself more room around it, but no change.

Any idea what's going on?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It sounds like you're stuck in the carrier. Try doing "/change_sector x y z", move a little bit then /change_sector back.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Since you are an admin click 'F' to select the carriers indicator when you are in the drone about to dock. Then after you dock and exit the drone simply hit 'TAB' 'F8' and you will be in the carrier core.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Those were great suggestions. I didn't know about the change_sector command or Tab F8.

I ended up just changing the position of the drones. I put them on their side with a little space to the left and right for safe exits ;) Worked out fine.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You don't even have to exit the drone.
    Simply down arrow then hit R. Down arrow moves you to the next ship in line docked. R then gets you out in its bridge. If you are at a space port where more than one ship is docked you can move around between them.