trees grow and other things

do you want planets and trees to grow

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    this had been suggested a few times.
    plants and trees grow like on minecraft. this will provide a unlimited source of material and it can also lead to food in starmade, food grow on trees. Trading of food and food plantation planets.
    Rare planets where plants and trees grow a lot faster making a place for army faction to fight other.
    I want trees to grow so I can build wood ships and there should also be a crafting use for wood like making so it is used for making hull.
    trees should grow in sunlight and planets should have day and night. trees should also grow in blue light
    Edit: because of funnybunny14. Plants also produce oxygen
    trees are so great why don't we have more of them?

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We could save a time-stamp (viewed, modified) and calculate how much growth is done since the last time / tick (not every 0.5 seconds!)

The light, I don't know if that's possible. Maybe a chunk can store light level during a day's period and blue light shouldn't get off-line without this chunk being loaded.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Very nice idea.

while food has been suggested more than once I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. it works in minecraft cuz all u need to do is step 5 feet and theres something you can eat. Starmade you could fly for a long time (made worse by the configurable sector sizes) and not find anything. besides no one like micro managing.

I would love to see some type of farming added the game, Salvaging is cool and all but sometimes you need a renewable resource.
    I would add that plants and trees could be better incorporated into the crafting if vital ship building components could be refined from them. Like for instance maybe if you stick yholes into the refinery you could extract a compound thats used to make a ship part. also I would just give the growing bonus to all planets in general as right now they are just massive astroids and need a purpose to exist.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yay! Another reason to create stations! Oh, this will go so well with oxygen!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Very nice idea.

while food has been suggested more than once I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. it works in minecraft cuz all u need to do is step 5 feet and theres something you can eat. Starmade you could fly for a long time (made worse by the configurable sector sizes) and not find anything. besides no one like micro managing.

I would love to see some type of farming added the game, Salvaging is cool and all but sometimes you need a renewable resource.
    I would add that plants and trees could be better incorporated into the crafting if vital ship building components could be refined from them. Like for instance maybe if you stick yholes into the refinery you could extract a compound thats used to make a ship part. also I would just give the growing bonus to all planets in general as right now they are just massive astroids and need a purpose to exist.
    You might be slightly exaggerating on how easy it is to find food in Minecraft. What you forgot, however, is that in Minecraft you do not HAVE to eat. If your food-o-meter is empty, it just means you have less stamina and your health will drop to almost zero. You can't die of starvation in Minecraft.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    You might be slightly exaggerating on how easy it is to find food in Minecraft. What you forgot, however, is that in Minecraft you do not HAVE to eat. If your food-o-meter is empty, it just means you have less stamina and your health will drop to almost zero. You can't die of starvation in Minecraft.
    I don't know about you but I play on hard mode as default, you can starve to death.

Reaction score
    you could have cristals grow on the cristal planets which get refiened to ... somthing ... maybe reactors.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really want to make the purple tentacle stuff grow on a hostile station... >: D

Reaction score
    I also think you should be able to manipulate plant life to have it grow in different shapes and ways, kind of using a template like thing, that was you can grow space-stations, houses, bases, and anything else! it would be great for moving giant bases and stuff

the plants would also be able to "eat" bases, if you wanted to protect from them there could be anti-plant hull or force-field thing

of course they would do things slowly and only kind of terrifying