Recognized Treasure worlds

Reaction score
    You oldies may remember the days when Cactus and Ice Crystal were worth the universe, But since they've been nerfed the game no longer really has much of a material currency anymore, Nor are there any realy tricks to getting rich other than selling asteroid minerals until done.

What a treasure world could look like.

My suggestion is a new class of planet, Dangerous, Exotic, And Filled with ridiculously valuable minerals, Not to mention extremely rare in the universe.

Not only would such a planet be valuable but if not completely destroyed by miners then it would regenerate slowly, Meaning that you could receive a steady income from such a planet.

Because of the rarity, Entire faction wars could be waged over ownership of such a world.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Actual contribution: in the days when city planets and pyramids were rare, it made for something fun to find. Adding in more fun hidden things, or valuable things, would add in more emergent gameplay.

You could take it one step further; have old ruins or derelicts with a equipment that's 1000% more efficient (cannons that consume no power, instant-recharge jump drives, a functioning laser sword, etc), but extremely rare, e.g. one per galaxy.

All that said....
    it would be nice to have a reason to explore,this would work
    This is a fantastic post/avatar combination.

Reactions: jgames666

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It would definitely be cool to have large planets with extra valuable resources, as long as they were rare enough factions fighting for control would be extremely fun!

Reaction score
    I have to agree. This idea is one that will sell well. The riches within sell even better. :D *Thinking of new trade deal possibilities with this type of treasure.*

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would also be fantastic if the upcoming mission system had missions that lead to hints to the location of such a world. It would be so rare that you'd need either these hints or a lot of luck to find it.

Reaction score
    As long as they get the rarity right I'd be for this. Could even have them more likely to be occupied by NPC factions to make them even harder to get hold of.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    As long as they get the rarity right I'd be for this. Could even have them more likely to be occupied by NPC factions to make them even harder to get hold of.
    Hmm this would indeed be interesting. There could be entire mining operations with anti-spacecraft turrets waiting to shoot you down if you aren't prepared or careful, making the treasure an investment rather than a free bonus.

Reaction score
    I think the rarity of the planets should be configurable.