transporters (ship to ship Teleportation)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ship to ship transporters (teleportation)

you could start by pressing r on the computer and a menu would pop up showing all the possible teleport locations. After selecting one you would click on a button it would lock on to the teleport modules and you would teleport to the module block on the selected ship (standing on it). There would have to be a one person at a time rule, and a 30 second or more cool down time, every time some one teleports. max range would be 10,000 km

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Pretty sure it was suggested before.
    Even so I feel like this is a very cool idea. It might not be feasible yet to have ship to ship transport, but I feel like in structure transport would be nice. I like the idea of a menu to choose what location. For example: You have a "teleportation computer" which controls "teleportation modules". the modules would be located all over your ship/planet plate/station. When you pressed R on a teleportation module a menu would pop up listing all other teleportation modules connected to the structure. You could then name these different blocks to show up on the menu. Poof no more need for those long walks around your 500m x 500m station, or your capital ship with a roomy interior. You can just have transport blocks placed in little rooms.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    cool idea but it would be like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet on a horse blindfolded, two moving objects one going into the other, really laggy and hard to do, soz dude, why do you think none of the other first person space games have these either :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    cool idea but it would be like trying to hit a bullet with another bullet on a horse blindfolded, two moving objects one going into the other, really laggy and hard to do, soz dude, why do you think none of the other first person space games have these either :)
    you have a really good point it would be difficult, which is why it is just a suggestion.[DOUBLEPOST=1416523506,1416523464][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Even so I feel like this is a very cool idea. It might not be feasible yet to have ship to ship transport, but I feel like in structure transport would be nice. I like the idea of a menu to choose what location. For example: You have a "teleportation computer" which controls "teleportation modules". the modules would be located all over your ship/planet plate/station. When you pressed R on a teleportation module a menu would pop up listing all other teleportation modules connected to the structure. You could then name these different blocks to show up on the menu. Poof no more need for those long walks around your 500m x 500m station, or your capital ship with a roomy interior. You can just have transport blocks placed in little rooms.
    thinking about it, I think this is a better idea then my idea.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    If the game can handle moving players grappled onto a ship between sectors, I'm sure it could handle this.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Um, no? In case you didn't notice, when you're aligned to a ship you're in that ship(entity)'s local coordinates... I don't think it would be hard to just 'port your character to the local coords above the transporter pad on the other ship. It isn't like your computer has to calculate exactly where and at what angle to shoot a beam of energy to where it would have to go on the other ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    If the game can handle moving players grappled onto a ship between sectors, I'm sure it could handle this.
    no because as I said in my pervious post it would be like trying to hit a bullet with a bullet, or on another way, trying to get through a small hole of a ship travelling at 150kph using the /jump command

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    no because as I said in my pervious post it would be like trying to hit a bullet with a bullet, or on another way, trying to get through a small hole of a ship travelling at 150kph using the /jump command
    just because it may not seem possible with the "lag" now, doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    All it needs to do is grapple you to the other ship and warp you a split second afterwords. Since you'll be aligned to the ship's relative coordinates, this won't be an issue.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It isn't hard to hit a bullet with a bullet if you can instantly teleport onto something going at the same speed as said bullet and there's no air resistance, and you're right next to the bullet. (Assuming you can also instantly match velocity without getting G-forced to smithereens, but that's besides the point.)