Read by Schine transporter pad info

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i know it is only in the dev build but it might be worth adding a column to the destination selector that shows the number of pads connected to each possible destination as well as an indicator that displays the number of pads connected to the current one.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hey, that is actually a good idea. +1. I can't count the number of times I've screwed up my transporter linking (say, not all blocks linked) then wondered why my transporter wasn't working.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That sounded a lot more offensive than I meant it to. :P

It was more that I was just scrolling through random suggestions, looked at this and was like "whoa, we actually need this."

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I also agree with this, if it's one person per link then having a way to differentiate pads would be great for boarding parties and away teams!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Speaking of away teams, being able to lock on to an astronaut and beaming him aboard would be pretty cool.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Speaking of away teams, being able to lock on to an astronaut and beaming him aboard would be pretty cool.
    Here's my idea: give an astronaut a device that saves a specific transporter's frequency, then allows the astronaut to beam back at will from a certain range. To prevent making escape TOO easy, have a charge-up time on the device that works like so:
    • Click and hold to charge.
    • When fully charged, transport initiates automatically.
    • Being shot or releasing the mouse button will reset the charge.
    • Being within the box dims of a hostile ship that has shields up increases charge-up time.
    You can't walk around with it charged and you can't really beam out of a fight. It's a simple return device, not really an escape (unless you can hide in a closet for long enough).

This feature could cause serious problems/angry teammates if it drops the shields of the ship you're beaming back to, so I don't think that should happen.

Reactions: Zaphord