Transport system for space stations

Reaction score
    So while building my space station I thought getting a round on foot was a pain and I didnt want people using ships inside the station. So I have started to create a transport network for my station by putting a ship, designed to look like a carriage inside the station and stopped it from going up or down left and right. the result is pretty neat.

Reaction score
    yeah it\'s a really smooth ride... I only put 2 thrusters on it so it doesn\'t go too fast... I also have different stations down the track, so you can get off at different parts of the station :)

Reaction score
    I pasted the link to my dropbox around chat and stuff, did you see it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They should put some sort of transport rail block in the game so that you can do this sort of thing without the risk of the ship massively bugging out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it is great idea, how did you stop it from going in certain directions, did you just construct walls around it or is there kind of function in the ship core to do that?

Reaction score
    Hey, I built around the ship and kept it in place, it doesnt fly about it can only go forwards and backwards, I think I will make a video of it in action.

Also if your\'e worried about it bugging out you could also use docking blocks to keep it firmly in place, but I have had no probs so far :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah haha, maybe in future there will be some kind of slider blocks which will slide what you attach to it across single axis relative to how you oriented the blocks, if you played half life 1, at the entrance to black mesa, there was a transport with such system, that would seem total cool :)

black mesa transit system:

Reaction score
    good job with the transportation device, I like your design, but that black mesa transport system would be interesting to see ingame

Reaction score
    I dont see why not, unlees you hit into the ship hard enough to move the ship lol.