Transparent blocks into non transparent in build mode?

Reaction score
    I wish for an option to turn the transparency of crystal armor, glass and other transparent blocks into non transparent in build mode.
    It would make building alot easier when it comes to transparent blocks.

Reactions: Vvolodymyr

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That is an absolutely brilliant idea! Making them opaque would make life so much easier!
    I often build my windows as some random hull that's not a part of my colour scheme to compensate for that very issue.
    [doublepost=1494276338,1494276294][/doublepost]Then I convert them to crystal or glass using the build replace tool.

Reaction score
    The game previously had this function, but it was removed due to it being an "Undesirable side-effect of something else" and replaced with "Logic view" (Logic view turns all the blocks in the entity transparent, so you can see and logic connections inside other blocks).

I thought it would have been nice to have this "Undesirable" function just to help out laying down large windows an such, maybe even make it toggleable so you could have it on or off without having to constantly push a key while trying to lay down blocks.

The short answer is, the devs removed this function, and have no plans for bringing it back, because it was an "Undesirable" function.