Trader Ship Issues

Reaction score
    So I'm hoping somebody will be around to see this, and will know what to do. I've been trying to construct my ship by a shop in my sp world, because I don't know exactly how many resources I'll need, but I keep getting part of it built when an AI trader ship smashes into me and sends me flying. I then have to deconstruct my ship to fly it back as a core, because I hadn't gotten to the reactor or the thrusters yet. Do I just make sure to start with those? Do I start by constructing a space station? How can I save myself from wasting time deconstructing my ship block for block? (Advanced build mode doesn't work when the ship is moving)

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm not sure how big a ship you're building but it would be a good idea to to place a small reactor (10-20 blocks) and a "thruster-cluster" ;) when you first start building to allow you to maneuver. You can even place these things outside of your ship and out of the way. That way, you can build your main reactor and thrusters later without doing a complete tear-down and rebuild.

Also, make sure to turn on thrust dampening in your thruster menu so you don't just drift endlessly.

I hope this helps you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If your not doing survival you can always just turn on creative mode and jump to some random sector away from all marked stations to build there. As long as you aren't near any pirate stations they should leave you alone. This is what I normally do.

If your building using what in game resources you have acquired you can do what Dr. Whammy said. I would do that just encase you accidentally moved the ship anyway let alone trade ships.

Another method would be build tiny docking station and put a temporary out of the way docking point on your ship and dock it to that or the trade station. I'm not sure if you can build mode while docked to a trade station but I assume so.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What you could do is enable creative mode and god mode GOD_MODE playername TRUE because it seems like pirates still spawn even when they are turned off. If your doing survival I suggest doing what Mork2 said.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Dock your creation to a station as early as possible. Then, a trader might bump into you, but won't bump you away.

You can build your own station with its own docking port if you like, but the spawn sector station has four docking ports near the open trade center in the middle. (Below it, I think.)